Go to School on Leaks
PCWA offers a fun, interactive educational program for 3rd to 5th grade that teaches students about where their water comes from and trains them to be “Leak Detectives” at home and school.
The curriculum, which can be customized to suit teacher needs, includes:
- A map that shows local water sources
- Fun warm-up quiz to get students thinking about fixtures and activities that use the most water
- A Drip Scavenger Hunt that incorporates investigation, observation and calculation to discover how much water is wasted through leaks
- Leaky Loo: a specially created demonstration toilet that will show students how to check for toilet leaks at home
- Goodie bag with fun water-saving resources
- And more!
To request a program for your school, contact Deputy Director of Customer Services Linda Higgins at firstname.lastname@example.org.