Placer County Water Agency
HomeContact • Search
Online water bill pay
Meter Technician looking at a meter box
Home » Customer Services » Opening & Closing an Account

Opening & Closing an Account

To open or close a water service account with PCWA, call PCWA Customer Services at (530) 823-4850 weekdays from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. or stop by our office at 144 Ferguson Road, Auburn, during our regular business hours of 8:00 a.m to 5:00 p.m., Monday - Friday.  Please be prepared to provide a PIN # or password when signing up for water service.  Deposits are required when signing up for water service.

Treated Water
For new service, we will send a water efficiency specialist to read the water meter to start your account.  PCWA's water is a metered service and we read the meters and bill on a bi-monthly basis.  The first billing probably will not be a full two month bill as the meter will be read during the regular assigned route.  Subsequent meter readings and billings will be approximately every 60 days. New customers first billings typically will include a service set-up charge. A minimum $100 deposit will be required at the time of opening an account (not billed) .  After one year of making on-time payments, your deposit, without interest, will be applied to your PCWA account balance. Late payments may require an additional deposit. 

Irrigation Canal Water
For new service, please call Customer Services for details on water availability and rates.

Moving or Selling - Terminating Services
Please contact PCWA Customer Services at least three (3) business days in advance. Tenants are responsible for all services provided and charges until the date of termination/moving out. Property owners are responsible for all services provided and charges owed once a tenant’s termination notice is effective, and until close of escrow or recording of deed when the property is sold.

Placer County Water Agency
Placer County Water Agency - 144 Ferguson Road, P.O. Box 6570, Auburn, CA 95604 - Telephone: (530) 823-4850